In accordance with the Accounting and Review Services Committee of the AICPA, Berman Hopkins performs reviews of annual and interim financial statements. As part of our review services, we will express limited assurance that no material modifications need to be made to the financial statements in order for the statements to be in conformity with the applicable financial reporting requirements.
As part of our review procedures, we will:
- Obtain an understanding of the client and their industry(ies)
- Apply analytical procedures to the financial statements and other related information
- Make inquiries of management and other related parties as necessary to corroborate the information being reported in the financial statements
- Make management aware of any fraud or illegal acts that we become aware of during the course of our review engagement
- Review financial statements to ensure compliance with the appropriate reporting framework